Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jim Rome Excited About Return To Houston Radio

Jim Rome’s new television show on Showtime debuts Wednesday night, but the Houston Chronicle is reporting, his radio show returns to Houston in January as part of the new CBS Sports Radio network on KIKK (650 AM).

He is, understandably, pleased about the Showtime debut but also looking forward to being back on Houston radio after a year’s absence.

“You know how I feel about Houston,” Rome said. “Houston was the first major market that took a chance on the Rome show (in 1997), and that means something to me. I’ve always had a connection with Houston. I hated not being in that market, and getting back as soon as I could was the plan.”

There is mild irony in that his CBS Sports Radio show will be going head-to-head against the show that replaced him on KILT (610 AM), hosted by Brad Davies and Mike Meltser, on KILT’s sister CBS Radio station at 650 AM.

“That happens in this business,” Rome said. “(The radio show) is a really great opportunity. CBS has a great vision for sports talk. They laid out their plan, and I bought into it. It will give me an opportunity to be in some markets that I have not been in.”

He said the new Rome radio show will be similar to the show distributed for years by Clear Channel’s Premiere Radio Networks but added, “I would be foolish not to take advantage of some of the resources that CBS offers. Looking at their plans, I can tell you that they are getting an extremely motivated host.”

Read More Now.


Also Must Read:

Move to CBS helps Jim Rome avoid being stale on TV, radio, Eric Deggans Tampa Bay Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment