John Kincade will join Matt Chernoff as co-host of the afternoon show on Atlanta’s 680/93.7 The Fan starting Aug. 31. Chuck Oliver, who has co-hosted the program with Chernoff for 18 years, is stepping aside. His final day on the show is Aug. 18. Oliver will focus on his daily two-hour syndicated college football show and podcast, carried on dozens of stations across the Southeast via the Southern Sports Today network. He will no longer appear daily on The Fan but will continue providing college football coverage and analysis through exclusive segments and promotions such as Win Chuck’s Dinner.
Oliver approached Fan owner David Dickey last November about leaving the afternoon show. After 12 years of balancing both programs, he said he was burned out by the six-hour daily on-air load. “It’s a silly, insane schedule,” Oliver said on air Thursday. “I can’t do both shows anymore … I’m getting older. It’s getting a little tougher. I don’t want anything to slip. I want to focus on Southern Sports Today.”
Kincade is a familiar voice at the station. He spent 20 years on air with Buck Belue until 2020, when budget cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic ended that run. After leaving, he returned to his hometown of Philadelphia and hosted mornings at 97.5/The Fanatic for six years; his final day there was July 31.
“I’m honored to come back to 680/The Fan, to be joining the place I called home for so long and never left in my heart,” Kincade said on air Thursday. “My family is thrilled to be back.”
The station announced Kincade’s return last month but waited until Thursday to reveal his new role. Dickey said he was pleased to bring him back. “He is a great broadcaster and an honorable man,” Dickey told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
“He and I have enjoyed a wonderful relationship ever since we first met. The move made all the sense in the world for John and his family and the Dickey Broadcasting family.”
The change comes two weeks after The Fan announced multiyear contract extensions for both Oliver and Chernoff. Kincade and Chernoff, who started his Atlanta career at the former 790/The Zone in 1998, bring a combined 48 years of local airtime.

